If you are not pleased with your purchase you can simply return most items purchased at big 5 physical stores for a refund in their original condition, along with the receipt. Also, eligible items purchased on their website can be returned at a participating physical store location. However, this return policy does not apply to all items. You can take a look at the in-store return exception policy for exceptions and more details.
Items purchased at big 5 can be returned within 90 days for a full refund. Valid item identification is required for all returns and exchanges. A non-transferable store credit, but not a refund may be issued for all returns without receipts or involving a gift receipt, store credit, ticket to shop, or merchandise voucher. Products purchased online may be returned at any big 5 stores with the original packing slip.
As with any shopping experience, some terms and conditions apply to the transactions, if you are not satisfied with your online purchase then you may want to return it. Big 5 offers customers the chance to return products they are not satisfied with. Let’s take a look at some more details on in-store and online returns below:
Big 5 Refund Policy
A refund will be issued in the same way the original purchase was made. Credit will be returned to the same credit card used to make the online purchase; so endeavor to have the card available in-store at the time of the return. Item(s) returned to the store with the packing slip that was purchased using an online service payment will be refunded as cash.
If your purchase at Big 5 is past the return date, returns and refunds are no longer possible.
When You Don’t Have a Receipt
If you don’t have a receipt, then you will have to provide some other documents for verification before your returned product can be accepted. These are the following documents needed:
- A valid photo of the person, who purchased and is returning the product, is needed.
- All returns that are made without a receipt will receive a store credit. This store credit will be non-transferable and will be all you get. You won’t receive a refund.
- The amount of store credit you will receive will be based on the last store down the price of the product you are returning.
It is still ok to return without a receipt, but you won’t be refunded cash. You will only be given a non-transferable store credit.
The limit still remains 90 days.
Returns with Gift Receipt | Store Credit | Merchandise Voucher
If any of the above mentioned-products is returned, you will be given a non-transferable store credit. A refund cannot be given for these products, so a store credit is your best bet.
Online Purchase Returns
- You can return any of the items you purchased online from Big 5, to any of the Big 5 stores. You must come along with the original packing slip.
- Your store credit will be returned to the credit card you used to make the online payment. You must present the card to the store where you are returning the product.
- You can get back your cash rather than store credit. This can only be done by returning products that were bought online with the packing slip. You will be refunded your cash in full.
You must note that you won’t be refunded the shipping charges that you paid for the delivery of the products you purchased.
Original Packaging and Damaged Items
If you are unable to use the original shipping package, then you may use a similar shipping package for return. Damaged items cannot be returned.
Is there a restocking fee? No, The restocking fee does not apply to Big 5
Big 5 Return Process
If you are not 100% satisfied with your product, you can return it and get a full refund or exchange the product for another one, be it similar or not. Any product returned must be in the same condition received and In the original packaging. The Big 5 return policy does not apply to all products purchased. The following products are excluded from the policy: Bats, firearms, and air mattresses. There is an in-store return exception policy for these products.
Return in store
Valid self/item identification is required for all returns and exchanges with or without a receipt. Products ordered online may be returned at any big 5 stores with their original packaging. Credits will be returned to the same credit card used to make the online purchase. Meanwhile, products returned along with packing slip that was purchased using an online payment service (PayPal or visa check out) will be refunded as cash. However, note that shipping charges paid are none refundable.
Return by mail
Rather than an in-store return, online purchases may be returned by mail. However, please note that the return by mail option is not feasible for purchases made in-store. The return by mail option is further described below;
- Returns by mail require the issuance of a return merchandise authorization (RMA) within 90 days from the date of purchase. You can request an RMA, by contacting our customer care service department at (800) 899-2994.
- Use the original packaging when possible; firmly pack the items along with all included parts and accessories. If the original shipping packaging is unavailable, you can use a similar shipping package for the return.
- After going through the RMA process you’ll be sent a return shipping label. You are to ensure that this label is attached to your package whilst removing every other previous label and drop it at the nearest united parcel service(UPS) carrier pickup location.
Note: Bear in mind that no additional postage is needed.
- In return, charges will be made based on the then-current standard shipping and handling rate; associated taxes are also involved. Items that are oversized will attract extra charges.
- The return shipping and handling charges are deducted from the credit refunds, but to avoid this deduction, a customer can make use of the In-store return process. This will attract no charge to the credit refund as all return charges are covered by the original delivery fee.
- Refunds for qualifying returns will be issued to the initial form of payments and will be processed within 30 days. However, do note that refunds for gift returns will be issued back to the original purchaser.
- Ensure to keep the return tracking number for your return package safe, you can also monitor your product with the tracking number at www.ups.com/tracking.
Purchasing from Big 5 Online
You can purchase online from Big 5 with a registered account, but it is not necessary. This is because guest checkout enables you to make purchases easily, and provides all that a registered account provides for you.
Big 5 Wish list
How to add products to your wish list: Look for the “Add to Wish list” button that is on the detail page of all products. You must be logged into your account, to be able to add an item to your wish list.
How to Remove Products from your Wish list: Go to your “wish lists” page that is under “My account “. In this page, you can simply click on the red text that is displaying “Remove Item” for the item you will like to remove. If you wish to modify the quantity of items rather than removing, and then enter the quantity you will like to keep in the wish list and then click “update”.
Sharing your Wish list: To share your Wish list, you can simply click the “Share my Wish list” link that is located on the wish list dashboard page. A window will pop up, and then you can enter your email address. The email address will be used to receive the list. You can include a message to accompany the Wish list.
Add items to cart from Wish list: You can add items to your cart individually by selecting the “Add to cart” link that is located on the right of the item you will like to add. If you will like to add the entire Wish list to your cart, then select “Add all to shopping cart” button. Only items currently in your stock will be made available for purchase.