Nintendo officially launched their digital loyalty program My Nintendo in 2016. Anyone can join for free and earn gold and platinum points for eligible game purchases and using various services. You can redeem these points for rewards including Switch, game cards, wallpaper, and software purchases.
|GAME DEALS||DEAL PRICE||LOYALTY POINTS|
|When The Past was Around||$6.36||30|
|Lego Marvel Super Heroes||$19.99||95|
Anyone above 16 years can create their own account and after signing up, you can earn points for all eligible Nintendo Switch and other digital purchases.
My Nintendo Benefits
With the earned gold and platinum points, the members can not only play games but receive rewards like in-game content, discounts on digital purchases, and use the services. The customized game news and Nintendo updates will be mailed to your account.
- Anyone above 16 years can join the program.
- Family memberships.
- Exclusive in-game content.
- Special offers.
- Gold and Platinum points.
- 5 gold points for $1 spent.
- Discounts on digital purchase.
- Points for completing the mission.
- Lots of activities.
- Points for Software purchase.
- Free trial Switch purchase.
- 1 gold coin per minimum purchase.
- Limited-time deals.
- Early game access.
How Does My Nintendo Rewards Work?
After registration, you can start earning gold points by purchasing games and completing various missions from the website, store, and eShop. You will earn 5 gold points for each dollar spent on the eligible digital purchases. A code provided by the issuer needs to be used for physical purchase.
For digital purchase, you will be awarded 5% worth of gold points and for physical purchase, you will be awarded 1% worth of gold points. You can convert physical games into digital.
Learn more: My Nintendo Rewards
- Earn gold points for purchasing eligible digital games for Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, or DLC for Nintendo Switch from website or store purchase.
- Earn points for purchasing Nintendo Switch game vouchers.
- The earned points will be automatically added to your account after purchase.
- The gold points are equivalent to 5% of the amount of digital purchase, and 1% of physical purchase will be awarded.
- The gold points must be claimed within 1 year of the original release date.
- Platinum points can be earned by completing missions.
- It is valid for six months after you collect them.
- The points can be used to get discounts on games.
- Unlock new game items.
How To Get Gold Points On Game Purchases?
The members will be rewarded with gold points for every digital game purchase on the Switch. The points need to be redeemed within 1 year of their release date. The gold points will be added automatically to your linked account after purchasing on eShop.
But physical game card purchases require a few steps to receive gold points.
- Insert your physical game card into your Switch.
- Select the game from the home screen.
- Press the + button on the right side of the controller.
- From the options menu, select “My Nintendo Rewards Program”.
- Click “Earn Gold Points”.
- Select the profile for which you want to receive the points.
- Select “Earn points for this Software”.
- Click “OK” to complete the process.
Related: How Much Does a Good Gaming PC Cost?
My Nintendo Deals
The available rewards can be redeemed online or by visiting a retailer. The latest deals and offers programs are also announced through email or app. A lot of deals like Nintendo Switch or accessory deals are available on eShop, website, and store.
|SMART DEVICE APPS||DEALS||LOYALTY POINTS|
|Animal Crossing Pocket Camps||Link to a Nintendo account||300|
|Animal Crossing Pocket Camps||Complete 10 Camper requests||30|
|Animal Crossing Pocket Camps||Complete 50 Camper requests||50|
|Animal Crossing Pocket Camps||Complete 100 Camper requests||100|
|Animal Crossing Pocket Camps||Link to a Twitter/ Facebook account||300|
|Fire Emblem Heroes||Link to a Nintendo account||100|
|Fire Emblem Heroes||Clear Chapter on Normal||100|
|Fire Emblem Heroes||Clear Book 1||100|
|Fire Emblem Heroes||Clear Book 2||100|
|Fire Emblem Heroes||Clear Book 3||100|
|Fire Emblem Heroes||Clear Book 4||100|
|Super Mario Run||Play Toad Rally (daily)||10|
|Super Mario Run||Win Toad Rally 3 times (weekly)||50|
|Super Mario Run||Add friends||100|
|Super Mario Run||Clear World||50|
|Super Mario Run||Link to a Nintendo account||100|
The popular Nintendo Service Deals are mentioned below.
|MY NINTENDO SERVICE DEALS||LOYALTY POINTS|
|Link Nintendo Network ID to Nintendo account||100|
|Set promotional emails to receive updates||30|
|Keep promotional emails (monthly)||10|
|Sign in to Nintendo eShop||30|
|Link your Facebook/Google/Twitter account on Nintendo account||10|
|Find the Hidden Poochy Pup on the Yoshi’s Crafted World game page||50|
|Create a Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit racer ID||50|
|Find the 5 hidden stickers on the Super Mario||100|
|Find the 5 hidden holes on the Mario Golf||100|
|Find the 4 hidden dice blocks on the Mario Party||100|
How To Redeem My Nintendo Points?
To redeem the earned gold or platinum points, open the Switch eShop and access your account. Select and click “Proceed to Purchase” and select “Redeem Points”. Enter the number of points you want to redeem. Choose the payment method and the remaining amount to be paid after the redemption will appear on the screen.
The point balance will be displayed on your profile account next to the Point icon. The gold points will expire after one year and the platinum points will expire after 6 months.
You can see the point expiration details on the Point Summary section on the Menu page of your account.
Is My Nintendo Rewards Worth It?
My Nintendo Rewards is worth joining as the program offers a lot of offers and discounts on games, accessories, and physical rewards like wallpaper and keychains. Every dollar you spend in the eShop give 5 gold coin worth 0.01 cents each off other purchases.
The members get early access to games and can take part in special events and surveys through which everyone can earn double points.
Benjamin is a certified financial advisor, with over 10 years of experience in the industry. He is knowledgeable about various business and financial topics, such as retirement planning and investment management. Ben has been recognized for his work in the financial planning industry. He has also been featured in various publications.