Microsoft Office is one of the most common programs for creating and editing documents. It is popular among students, practitioners, and companies. Using this editing service offers you a lot of benefits. We enjoy the excellent uses brought to the table by the app.
Microsoft provides students with many useful tools, and devices such as the Surface and Surface Pro are perfect for retaining efficiency when you’re on the go. The most popular Microsoft tool is the Microsoft Office, and there is a great discount for students.
Microsoft offers a free MS Office online version with 1TB storage for students whose schools are qualified and have a valid student ID and school email. This version of free Microsoft Office allows up to 5 users and it comes with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
You can take advantage of Microsoft’s student discount if you are a qualifying student (or a parent of one) to obtain free access to powerful applications like Office 365 and save on computers and other gadgets.
Here is a glance of comparison before MS Office Home & Student 2019, MS Office 365 Education, MS Office 365 Personal, and MS 365 Family:
|MS Office 2019||MS 365 Education||MS 365 Personal||MS 365 Family|
|Yearly Price||149.99/one time||FREE||$69.99/year||$99.99/year|
|Free Trial||No||No||No||1 month|
|Users||1 User||5 Users||1 User||2-6 Users|
|Devices||1 PC or Mac||PC|
|Cloud Storage||No||Unlimited||1 TB||6TB (1TB/1User)|
|Tech Support||60 days free||Ongoing||Ongoing||Ongoing|
Here’s the difference between Classic and Premium apps:
- Classic: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote
- Premium: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook; PC only: Publisher, Access
Microsoft Office 365 subscriptions come with tech support, but they only cover the installation and activation, not software troubleshoot.
Understanding 3 Levels of Microsoft Office 365
Office 365 A1: This is free for students. It comes with basic apps like Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and One Note. It also comes with services like Exchange, OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, Sway, Forms, Stream, Flow, Power Apps, School Data Sync, and Yammer.
Office 365 A3: This costs $30 per year with 1 user. It comes with all apps from Office 365 A1, plus Publisher (PC only), Access (PC only), and Bookings. In contrast to 1 user from Office 365 A1, this Office 365 A3 allows up to 5 PC users or Mac users.
Office 365 A5: This costs $72 per year with 1 user. It comes with everything from Office 365 A3, plus the data visualization Microsoft Power BI.
Besides MS Office, you can also get student, teacher, or military discounts on Microsoft hardware like desktop computers, tablets, and laptops.
Eligibility for MS Office Student Discount
Many individuals, including teachers, faculty, and even parents, have access to the Microsoft student discount. Here are the general requirements:
- You must be enrolled as a K-12 student and at least 13 years old.
- Must be a parent of a K-12 student or college student.
- You must be in a four-year university, two-year college, or vocational school.
How to Get the Student Discount (Step by Step)
- For users who want to get an education package, the Office 365 website has a unique choice. You can get started with this link.
- New users can sign up for their school IDs on the website. On the website, you can enter a .edu ID. The exclusive student discount will allow you to use it. I was hoping that when you enter your email address, you will choose the I am a student option.
- Users need to create an official account for Microsoft; this will make your job unusually lightweight. By using this attribute, users can have several advantages. We suggest that you correctly enter all of your information. To quickly begin with the account development process, click on the start button.
- Users will start using the functionality of Microsoft Office 365 for free. On the cloud network, it is available. Through this form, anyone can get Microsoft Office to work online. Any documents will start to be produced by users.
Those were the steps for students to begin using Microsoft Office 365. For anyone who has a student account, it is cost-free.
How Does Microsoft Verify Student Enrollment?
You need to display your student ID or other supporting documentation such as a class schedule, transcript, or letter of acceptance when you request the student discount at a physical Microsoft shop.
Microsoft doesn’t need up-front verification when you use the Microsoft student discount online. That means that without confirming that you are in a qualifying school or that you are even a student at all, you can take advantage of the student discount.
However, in order to use a student discount, Microsoft reserves the right to contact you for validation of your student status. If you’re unable to verify and prove your student status, you will have to pay the normal price.