Veterans who do not have a VA “service-connected” disability rating are only eligible for the military discount during national holidays such as Memorial Day, July 4th, and Veterans Day.
How Much is Home Depot Military Discount?
Home Depot offers a 10% military discount to all active-duty military personnel, reservists, retired or disabled veterans, and their immediate families. For those in the above categories, this military discount is valid every day of the year.
How to Get the Discount
To enroll in Home Depot military discount, go to this page or the Home Depot mobile app (iOs | Android). Follow the on-screen instructions to verify your military status.
The company uses a third-party verification service known as SheerID to confirm the details of your military membership.
Once you register for an account, you will only need to confirm your military status once to access the discounts.
How to Use the Discount
Log in to your Home Depot account and select the Military Discount when making a purchase. The discount will be applied to the eligible items when you check out.
Active members and veterans of the US military branches can be found in the following categories:
- Air Force
- Coast Guard
- Marine Corps
- National Guard
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Space Force
- US Public Health Service Commissioned Corps (USPHS)
These discounts are also available to the spouses of active and veteran service members.
The spouse of a service member who is currently enrolled for the Military Discount can also complete the verification process through the website’s homepage.
To claim the year-round military discounts, you must be an active-duty military member with a proper military ID, a retired military member with proper ID, or a veteran with a “service-connected” disability rating and a VA health care ID card with a “service-connected” designation. You must present your relevant ID at checkout.
To claim the military discounts on Memorial Day, July 4th, and Veterans Day, you must be an honorably discharged veteran with a valid DD Form 214. You must present your DD Form 214 at checkout.
Some veterans have reported being able to claim the military discount with a driver’s license featuring a veteran’s designation. But this depends on the location and may not work at all Home Depot stores.
There are some restrictions for the military discounts:
- In-store Only: This discount is in-store only. You will not get military discounts for your online orders
- Participating Stores Only: Not all Home Depot stores offer military discounts. To find out if your store offers this discount, just ask
- $500 Max Order: This 10% discount is limited to order value to $500 or less. That means the maximum savings you get per order is $50. For example, if your order is $1,000, you only get a 10% discount on the first $500 of it for a total of $50 saving
- Limited Categories: This discount does not apply to installation products or services, gift cards, special buy appliances, and some commodities such as building materials
Benjamin is a certified financial advisor, with over 10 years of experience in the industry. He is knowledgeable about various business and financial topics, such as retirement planning and investment management. Ben has been recognized for his work in the financial planning industry. He has also been featured in various publications.