With close to 4,800 locations in the United States, Walmart is a convenient shopping option for most people. The chance is, there is a Walmart store close to where you live or work.
Walmart sells stamps in store and online website. You can buy them at Walmart MoneyCenter or the customer service desk, which are typically located near the entrance. A book of 20 stamps costs $11, and a coil of 100 stamps costs $55.
|First Class||Postcard stamps|
Most of the stamps for sale on the Walmart.com website are offered by independent 3rd-party sellers. In this case, Walmart merely acts as a marketplace – you do not buy stamps from Walmart directly.
On the other hand, when you buy stamps at a physical Walmart store, you are buying directly from Walmart itself. No 3rd-party sellers are involved.
Table of Contents
Types of Stamps Walmart Sell
The type of stamps you will find at a Walmart store is the same regular type that you will find at any USPS postal office.
First-class forever stamps that cost 55 cents per stamp as of April 2021. Besides, Walmart also sells postcard stamps that currently cost 36 cents per stamp.
First-class forever stamps are called “forever” stamps because they never expire. Even when the first-class postage rate inevitably goes up to more than 55 cents at some point in the future, you can still use these stamps you have bought for 55 cents apiece as first-class stamps.
Walmart stores sell regular design stamps (“US Flag” first-class forever stamps,) themed stamps (for example, “Fruits and Vegetables” first-class forever stamps and “Barns” postcard stamps,) and commemorative stamps (for example, “Lunar New Year: Year of the Ox” and “Little Mo” first-class forever stamps.)
These stamps are typically sold in:
- Books of 20 stamps
- Coil of 100 stamps
On the Walmart.com website, the types of stamps you can get depend on the 3rd-party sellers offering the stamps. But in general, you will find first-class forever stamps in books of 20 stamps and rolls of 100 stamps.
How Much is a Book of Stamps at Walmart?
In bricks-and-mortar Walmart stores, stamps are being sold at their face values with no discount but also no markup. That means:
- First-class forever stamps – $11 per book of 20 stamps and $55 per coil of 100 stamps
- Postcard stamps – $7.20 per book of 20 stamps and $36 per roll of 100 stamps
On the Walmart.com website, prices are set by the 3rd-party sellers and they vary. But typically, you have to pay a pretty big markup.
For example, this book of 20 USPS First Class Forever Postage Stamps from the seller The Tendex Group is available for $20.95 on the Walmart.com website. That represents a more than 90 percent markup on its face value of $11.
How to Buy Stamps at a Walmart Store
In a Walmart store, stamps are sold at either the MoneyCenter or the customer service desk.
Most Walmart Supercenters have a MoneyCenter located in the front of the store where you can buy stamps. On the other hand, Walmart Neighborhood Markets typically do not have MoneyCenters.
If a Walmart does not have a MoneyCenter or its MoneyCenter does not sell stamps, you can usually still get stamps from its customer service desk.
To make sure the Walmart store you go to sells stamps, you should call them ahead of time to confirm.
- Go to the Walmart Store Locator
- You will see a list of Walmart stores close to where you are located
- Pick a store close to you. Try to pick a Walmart Supercenter if at all possible since supercenters are more likely to sell stamps
- Click on the Details icon of your chosen store
- Click on Store Details in the upper right corner
- Click on See all at the bottom of the section Services, Hours & Contact Info to see all the services and departments available at your chosen store
- If you see Money Services under the section Services, Hours & Contact Info, it means this store has a MoneyCenter and it is more likely to sell stamps
- Contact the MoneyCenter of your chosen store by calling the number listed after Money Services
- If there is no number listed for Money Services, or if your chosen Walmart store does not have Money Services listed as a service, you can call the number of the Main Store
- Ask the Walmart associate if they sell stamps
- If they do, ask them where can you buy stamps there – at their MoneyCenter or their customer service desk?
- Typically, Walmart MoneyCenters and customer service desks have shorter business hours than the main stores they are located inside – most are open from 9 am to 7 pm or 8 pm, though the exact hours will vary by location. As such, make sure you ask the person on the phone the hours during which you can buy stamps
- Visit your chosen Walmart store to buy stamps either at the MoneyCenter or customer service desk. Both are typically located in the front of the store
How to Buy Stamps from Walmart Online
Walmart also sells stamps online on its Walmart.com website.
When we visited the Walmart website, all stamps for sale there were being sold by 3rd-party sellers on the Walmart marketplace.
In other words, when you buy stamps on Walmart.com, you will not be buying directly from Walmart itself. Instead, you will be buying from 3rd-party sellers that are unaffiliated with Walmart.
Prominent 3rd-party sellers of stamps on Walmart.com include:
- MGS Solutions
- PRB Products
- The Tentex Group
As far as shipping fees go, many of the stamps for sale on the Walmart.com website come with free shipping regardless of the size of your order.
On the other hand, some of these stamps are fulfilled by Walmart, which means you only get free shipping when your total order size is more than $35, or if you are a member of the Walmart Plus subscription program.
To buy stamps online on the Walmart.com website:
- Go to the Walmart.com website
- Search for “Postage Stamps” or simply click on this link here
- Click on the stamp you want from the search result
- Click on Add to cart
- When you are done shopping, click on the shopping cart icon in the upper right corner of the screen
- Click on the Check out button
Can You Buy Stamps with EBT at Walmart?
Electronic benefit transfer (EBT) is an electronic welfare payment system that allows state governments in the United States to issue benefits via a payment card that is similar to a debit card.
There are 2 main types of EBT accounts – food accounts and cash accounts. Money in an EBT food account can only be used to buy EBT-eligible foods and beverages and is distributed through a SNAP EBT card. Money in an EBT cash account is distributed through an EBT cash card and can be used to buy any items at a participating retailer, as well as to obtain cash back or make a cash withdrawal from a participating ATM.
Stamps are not food items eligible for EBT food accounts. Therefore, you will not be able to buy stamps, at Walmart or anywhere else, with a SNAP EBT card.
Walmart stores accept EBT cash cards. As such, you can buy stamps with an EBT cash card at a Walmart store.
On the other hand, the Walmart website does not accept EBT cash cards. So, you will not be able to use your EBT cash card there to buy stamps or anything else.
Can You Return Stamps To Walmart?
For stamps you bought at a physical Walmart store, you can return them within 90 days after purchase, and you need to have the receipt of your purchase.
For stamps bought online at the Walmart.com website, the return policy depends on whether you bought them from Walmart directly or from a 3rd-party seller.
For stamps sold by Walmart on the Walmart.com, you can return them within 90 days after the stamps are delivered, and you can return the stamps either by mail or in-person to a Walmart store
For stamps sold by a 3rd-party seller on Walmart.com, return policies are set by each seller. These sellers are required by Walmart to at least meet Walmart Marketplace’s minimum return standard of 30 days, and you can only return them by mail.
Related: How to Return Items to Walmart 2021