Home Depot offers dishwasher installation alongside their delivery. They help prepare the customer with instructions so that the area where the dishwasher will be installed. Once the area is prepared and the delivery date is secured, Home Depot will deliver and install your new dishwasher.
The Market price to install dishwashers is around $190, depending on factors including the size of the dishwasher and the location of the unit. Home Depot can do this for you for a much cheaper price.
How Much Does Home Depot Charge for Dishwasher Installation?
Home Depot charges $99 to install a dishwasher, which is cheap compared to the average of $190. Home Depot does not have a list of factors that change the price of the installation price. The customer can rest assured that the price of installation will be the same each time.
There are not any hidden installation fees, but there are items that you will need to have access to – Some of which you may need to purchase.
One of the most appealing parts of purchasing a dishwasher from Home Depot is that they will deliver the dishwasher for free on all purchases of $396 or more. On average, a new dishwasher ranges in price from $300-$3,000, so many dishwashers would qualify for free delivery.
If you are unable to purchase the dishwasher in full, Home Depot does provide special financing for those who would like to apply. If approved, Home Depot will provide a credit card for you to use. Financing for your dishwasher will be for six months.
Even if someone selects a dishwasher below the price of $396, Home Depot only charges a $59 delivery fee. The customer can always choose to bring their dishwasher home themselves, but at $59 or free, it is an attractive offer that Home Depot offers.
Here is what you will need:
- A connection kit for your dishwasher
- Access to a 110V-grounded, 3-prong electrical outlet
- A corrosion-free water supply line shut-off valve (This will be located under the sink or behind where the dishwasher will be located- It is important to note that an electrical outlet within 5 ft. of hook up is required by local code.)
How to Prepare for the Dishwasher Installation
Home Depot provides a checklist of what you will need to do to prepare for the installation of your dishwasher. Here are the ways that Home Depot needs you to prepare for them to install your dishwasher:
- Measure the space and ensure that the dimensions of the space will allow for the dishwasher to properly fit
- Ensure there are no obstructions in the path of the dishwasher
- Have all connecting pieces (listed above) ready for the installers
If you are a visual learner: Home Depot provides a video tutorial on their website. Here, they will show you the process that Home Depot does to install your dishwasher.
Now that you have prepared for the dishwasher to be delivered, preparations must be made for the day of the delivery. Here is what you will need to know and ensure for the day that your installers will arrive at your residence:
- Have an adult present
- Be available during the four-hour window that they will be delivering (Home Depot will be reaching out via call or text the day before and provide you with a tracking code).
- Once the dishwasher installs it, you will inspect it for any damage, ensure it is properly functioning, and sign off on it (Do not sign off on it if you notice any defects.)
- Within 48 hours, if any defects are noticed or if the dishwasher is not working, call the Home Depot at 1-800-455-3869 and report it.
After the installation process, Home Depot will dispose of any packaging that the dishwasher arrived in, leaving for a clean space to begin using your dishwasher. Additionally, Home Depot will haul away your old dishwasher for an additional fee.
Does Home Depot Install Dishwasher?
Home Depot will deliver and install your dishwasher adding convenience to your major purchase. Installation does cost $99, but compared to the national average of $190, that is less expensive. When you consider that they will deliver it free when you purchase a dishwasher over $396, it is very affordable.
If you are planning to purchase other appliances, the same terms apply to them as they do to dishwashers. These terms include both the delivery cost and preparation that is needed. It is important to note that not all appliances may apply, so it is advised that you view their website or contact via phone or in-store.
Home Depot has a checklist and system that they share with you so that as the customer, you know exactly how you need to prepare and what you can expect the day of installation. There are no hidden fees so you know exactly what it will cost. They even haul away old appliances for an additional fee, making Home Depot a great offer for those who want an all-in-one service.
Benjamin is a certified financial advisor, with over 10 years of experience in the industry. He is knowledgeable about various business and financial topics, such as retirement planning and investment management. Ben has been recognized for his work in the financial planning industry. He has also been featured in various publications.